How MPs can Help

I can help you with matters for which Parliament or central government is responsible, for example:

  • Problems dealt with by the Department for Education, such as school closures and grants.
  • Issues with the NHS and hospitals dealt with by the Department of Health.
  • Tax problems involving the HM Revenue and Customs Department.
  • Problems dealt with by the Home Office, such as immigration.
  • Problems with benefits, pensions, and National Insurance, dealt with by the Department for Work and Pensions.
  • If you have a specific issue you would like to take up with a government department or minister, I can also write to the relevant person on your behalf.

    I do however have no authority over private matters such as employment disputes or customer complaints, and I am not allowed to interfere with or try to influence legal cases.

    If your problem involves a more local issue then you district or county councillors may be better placed to help you. You can find out who your councillors are using this website  or by visiting the council's websites.

    If you have a problem of a more general nature then your nearest Citizens' Advice Bureau will be able to guide you.

    I will always do everything I can to help my constituents so if you are unsure of who to contact regarding your enquiry please do not hesitate to contact my office.